Business systems are typically complex, whether due to extensive requirements or simply evolution over time and across teams. Chariot’s architects are experts at analyzing complex systems and requirements, and breaking them down into modular, loosely-coupled components that can be engineered for high quality and maintainability.
We start with both functional requirements and system requirements such as scalability, security, manageability, and maintainability. With those in hand we can analyze existing systems as well as design new systems from top to bottom. Whether you’re migrating legacy applications to modern technologies, adopting open source to accelerate application development, or troubleshooting existing systems to improve performance or maintainability, our architects use their extensive experience and the support of the entire Chariot team to drive each project to a successful conclusion. We also build knowledge transfer into every project, bringing the client team up to speed with the tools and techniques that will be the key to ongoing support and enhancements.
On a typical architecture project, our team might:
- Design a new system to meet both functional and system requirements
- Diagnose and improve systems with performance, security, or maintainability problems
- Help teams adopt Spring and other open source frameworks to leverage best practices and reduce custom code
- Deploy test automation and Continuous Integration to improve the quality of future releases
- Adopt SOA techniques to improve reuse and connect loosely-coupled systems
- Attack integration problems with modular and flexible solutions to allow for future expansion
- Schedule both short-term and long-term architecture improvements, for the best fit into a major/minor release plan