HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Ken and Joel give their "predictions" and "recap" of 2014, which is purely their version, but somebody's got to do it. Also, we talk tools for testing in NodeJS, namely Mocha and Chai, some linux and regex visualization websites, a < $300 ChromeBook announced by Toshiba at CES, writing and posting HTML content on GitHub using
gh_pages, and more.
In DevNews 71 – I stated that
- The state of Python 3 is not so good – here's one person's opinion of why that is the case… Agree or disagree, feel free to post comments on the podcast epsiode page! From @alex_gaynor
- Speaking of command line users – check out explainshell – a great way to learn what a complex shell command does. Via Dave Fecak. Other great unix tool ‘understanders’ include http://debuggex.com for regular expressions. See Also: Visual Regex
- Testing in NodeJS with mocha and chai – from TutsPlus.
- Under $300 chromebook from Toshiba at CES 2014 – the ultimate conference notebook?
- You’ve used GitHub for your projects, but have you ever used Github Pages? Read this tutorial to find out how and learn Jeckyll for developing content as well.
- Ubuntu now comes with nginx as well as Apache