You get what you get and you don’t get upset! Today, Ken and Becca bring a veritable smorgasbord of tech links to the table. (FYI: if you’d like to submit your own for discussion, tweet us @techcast.)
- Java is 25! Join us for our free event taking stock of the language on its 25th birthday… where it’s been, and where it’s headed.
- The Chariot Blog, some good stuff there as always
- Simple English Wikipedia: complex topics explained to you like you’re 5
- Find the easter egg on the Wikipedia page for easter eggs
- Really, really simple examples for Big O notations
- The GraphQL Apollo Server
- All the AWS CodeBuild You Can Stomach in 45 Minutes (Ken’s published CodeBuild webinar with an extra snarky title)
- More Wiki fun: a short bio about the Ultimate WikiGnome, GiraffeData (Bryan Henderson), and his total fixation on one grammar point
- YouTube celebrates deaf awareness week by killing crowd-sourced captions
- United Health Systems hit by ransomware attack
- Girard Jams playlist – an auditory snapshot of Philly in quarantine
- Top-Level Await support in Node.js v14.3.0
- Programming music: ‘algoraves,’ deep beats, wiggly air and more in this excellent Ars Technica article. Also the ChucK music programming language and SuperCollider.
This livestream took place on September 29, 2020 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified of our next livestream – or bookmark this link and tune in every Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with Ken Rimple.