In today’s episode, we talk to Chariot’s Dan Boykis, a consultant at Chariot who participates in organizing both our Philly ETE and internal Chariot Day conferences. He and Ken talk about mentoring others remotely, building a JVM from scratch, Clojure, and temporal databases.
- Java at 25: Retrospective & Futures – a free event that Chariot is hosting for Java’s 25th birthday. Register today!
- Good stuff, as always, on the Chariot blog.
- NVIDIA’s Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit, and other autonomous machines.
- New features in Python 3.9 (spoiler alert: timezones!)
- DDR5 is coming…
- How one guy ruined #Hacktoberfest.
- Dan’s personal hack that he HIGHLY recommends to anyone who works on the internet: grouped tabs, a Firefox Add-On.
- BabyJVM: Dan’s Chariot Day talk on how to build a JVM from the spec.
- And lastly, Clojure time! Datomic, Crux, and temporal databases.
This livestream took place on October 6, 2020 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified of our next livestream – or bookmark this link and tune in every Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with Ken Rimple.