We do a lot of deep tech dives on this show, but today, we’re swinging it around to design! Ken hosts Michael Geise, Senior UX/Product Design Consultant here at Chariot, to cover design news, processes, patterns, and more.
- Dark Patterns, and the infamous Dark Pattern Hall of Shame
- Corporate Memphis, or Alegria: the new illustration style that we see everywhere, but couldn’t put a name to until today. Examples of the style, collected by Claire Evans, and the Eye on Design Article on how this joyful pattern masks the insidiousness of big tech
- Why do we need to see ourselves on video calls?
- The Square, interesting tech that’s aiming to make video calls much more realistic
- Miro, a great collaboration tool for whiteboarding, or low-fidelity creative projects (wireframes, mockups, concepting)
- Figma, a prototyping tool, to make it a high-fidelity, clickable prototype and ease in developer handoff
- Storybook.js, an open-source tool for developing UI components in isolation for React, Angular, Vue, and more
- Always check your color contrast ratios before you choose colors! A very handy tool that Michael recommends for this
- ProductTank Philadelphia Meetup
This livestream took place on October 20, 2020 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified of our next livestream – or bookmark this link and tune in every Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with Ken Rimple.