Join Ken Rimple, Sujan Kapadia, and Keith Gregory (our AWS Practice Lead) on our livestream as we analyze last week’s AWS outage. We talk root causes, post-mortems, and what AWS architects can do to protect themselves against unexpected downtime.
- Register for Ken’s free AWS webinar, Build a Cloud-Native Web App in 8 Weeks. The event is next week on December 9, 2020, from noon to 1PM EST.
- In fact, you can check out all of our AWS content on the Chariot Blog – tutorials, projects, instruction, reviews, and more. Keith has some great articles there too.
- And, we have to say it, like and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- On the first day of Shell my true love gave to me / A list of files in the directory tree… 12 Days of Shell, a festive Shell challenge.
- A piece of dev news inspired by the Queen’s Gambit, sharpen up your chess your chess skills at chesstactics.org.
- Now, onto the AWS Outage: Keith gives his thoughts on the official post-mortems from Amazon. The first, on Kinesis Event in US-East-1, and the second, on the S3 Service disruption, also in US-East-1.
- Recommended Reading: Black Swan: the Impact of the Highly Improbable by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- A great panel with Keith on AWS war stories and lessons learned.
- And lastly, Chariot is a certified AWS Consulting Partner. If you’re interested in having our experienced cloud experts guide your AWS efforts, let’s start a conversation.
This livestream took place on December 1, 2020 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified of our next livestream – or bookmark this link and tune in every Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with Ken Rimple.