Ken Rimple and Sujan Kapadia are joined by a special guest, Joe Berger! Joe is an Android developer here at Chariot Solutions, and has been doing a lot of recent writing about React Native, native applications, and Flutter. On top of their typical dev news, Sujan, Ken and Joe chat about Joe’s two most recent blog posts on these topics.
- Drumroll… Philly ETE Conference is back for 2021, and Alan Kay is our first keynote! We’ll be virtual again this year – get your Early Bird tickets before February 15, 2020 for only $70.
- Chariot is hiring! We’re looking for senior software engineers and senior iOS developers. Join our team!
- Raspberry PI, convolutional neural networks, and Legos!
- AWS is creating a new open source design system with React
- That XOR trick
- The worst pieces of code I’ve ever seen by Mehdi Zed, aka Je Suis Un Dev… some of the worst code, but some of the best reaction pics we’ve seen.
- Have some spare time? Why not build your own CNC router!
- Now, onto Joe’s blogs! React Native vs. Flutter vs. Native: An Ultimate Guide to Decision Makers
- And Android Background Processing: A Decision Guide
- Lastly, the Flutter docs
Thanks Joe for being on the show!
This livestream took place on January 19, 2020 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified of our next livestream – or bookmark this link and tune in every Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with Ken Rimple and Sujan Kapadia.