Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:30:50 — 83.2MB) | Embed
Ken Rimple and Sujan Kapadia are back with a brand new format! They cover dev news, advanced SPA patterns, and Ken shares an exclusive interview with Kent C. Dodds, the Director of Developer Experience at Remix.
- ETE is back for 2022! We’re virtual again this year, but don’t miss another great roster of speakers and content. Early bird tickets are only $150 until March 15th – register now.
- Chariot Solutions is hiring! We offer a culture of flexibility and trust, a focus on continual learning, and health benefits 100% paid, for you and your family, with zero deductible. We’re committed to the well-being of our employees — so if you’re a senior-level software, mobile, or data engineer, consider joining our team. Remote positions are available as well!
- We’ve always got great content on the Chariot blog, written by our developers. Tech reviews, tutorials, and more. Check out the latest here.
- Non-native, cross-platform apps for the lose? Flutter failed to solve the biggest challenge for our cross-platform app
- What do you get with an NFT? This guy thinks it’s a scam
- “Woe unto you for using a Websocket.” Websockets aren’t easy, and polling is more stable and easier to scale and predict
- US surgeons transplant pig heart into a human patient. It’s open source, refactoring, and integration taken to a whole new level
- Kyoto University loses 77TB of supercomputer data
- The Life of a Bytecode Language – a bedtime story for developers
Interview with Kent C. Dodds
Since we’ve been looking at Next.js so much, but are also seeing a lot of information about the newcomer, we figured we’d bring on Kent C. Dodds, friend and speaker at Philly ETE, well-known Angular, React, and JS expert, and now Remix Run employee, to discuss the framework in-depth.
- Kent’s website and blog
- About Remix
- Throwback! Kent’s talk from Philly ETE 2015
Producer note: This episode took place on January 11, 2021 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel and tune in every other Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with the TechChat crew.