Well, not really, but did you know the US public and corporations can’t buy non-military drones for corporate use yet? But it’s coming. Soon, you may be pulled over by a flying saucer who wants your ID.
Here are our news items…
- Matz speaks about the future of software development – found from Ruby Inside for August 2013.
- Related to that discussion, Ken mentions a book from a Penn professor on Why good people can’t get jobs
- Hey there, happy 20th birthday Debian (cue the music) – “You’re the ooldest Linux distro that is still around, we don’t want to melt your USBs into a mound, come eat here, at the local ground…” Sorry, we can’t use Happy Birthday due to the royalties…. Seriously.
- Is it curtains, Mugsy, for the Maven release plugin? (Oh, they’re adorable) – Axel Fontaine thinks so – read up with Maven Release Plugin: The Final Coffin
- Hey, let’s go shopping for a robot army – someday, we’ll get closer to living in This old Stephen Spielberg chestnut.
- We’re not throwing water on this, but AngularJS has some learning curves in it – read up in Things I wish I were told about AngularJS
- Wanna see what people are planning to support in the Browser world in the next few years? Read the Sencha Browser Survey report
- You: “Hey boss, how about some nice office furniture?” Your boss: “I’d pay for commercial, but isn’t there some open source desk hardware out there?” Mas Oui! OpenDesk: open source office furniture – download it, get it printed, done.
Happy coding, folks!