My discussion this week is with Eric Shamow of Puppet Labs. He’ll be presenting at our
upcoming DevOps Seminar on October 18th. We took a little time to discuss DevOps in general,
and Puppet in some specifics.
Part two will be a deeper dive into Puppet itself. Look for that podcast in early September.
Resouces, per Eric:
- http://www.puppetlabs.com/ – the main site for Puppet
- Puppet Labs has recently put up a great getting started guide which should really help folks who want to get started.
This page comes with a link to a training VM that you can use to get started with Puppet right away:
- PuppetConf will be held on September 22-23, in Portland, OR –
- A great summary of a talk by Patrick Debois summarizing the notion of culture change
and trust as the cornerstone for a DevOps environment:
- Eric has an article, DevOps at Advance Internet: How We Got in the Door, appearing in this month’s
Cutter IT journal: