Murder hornets, McDonald’s, and markdown. Ken and Becca deliver you another grab bag of dev news. Enjoy!
- Catch the videos from our Java at 25 event, including our exclusive interview with Brian Goetz
- Peruse some more Java resources we’ve produced over the years (in-depth interviews with Rod Johnson, Maurice Naftalin, Adrian Moors, and more)
- React v17.0 – No New Features
- React gradual update demo on GitHub – a quick demonstration of how to gradually upgrade an app to a new version of React
- Remix.run, “giving you a sturdy foundation to build better websites”
- Remix Run Preview on YouTube – Michael Jackson walks through the core features (and Kent C. Dodds is stoked about it – see top comment)
- More build tools: Vite! And the accompanying article by Liam Hall, Getting started with Vite, a no bundler DEV environment for Vue.js
- React Test-driven Development – From User Stories to Production
- Render markdown on the CLI with Glow
- Some good news? Destroying murder hornets. And watch this dude purposely get stung by one (as a palate cleanser)
- Niche app alert: check to see if your local McDonald’s ice cream machine is broken with McBroken
- Spooky time! QR Codes for tombstones
- Skip the life story and get straight to the recipe with the Recipe Filter Chrome extension
- And lastly, Tom’s Blog (our fave) on the iPhone 12, and iPhone 12 mini
This livestream took place on October 27, 2020 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified of our next livestream – or bookmark this link and tune in every Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with Ken Rimple.