Ken Rimple and Sujan Kapadia are joined by our newest colleague, Jason Stelzer, to talk Rust, Rust-based utilities, and security. It also turns out that Jason’s a natural at this – thanks for coming on the show, Jason!
Enjoy the conversation, don’t forget to like and subscribe to our Youtube channel, and join Ken and Sujan every Tuesday at noon.
- Get your tickets for ETE 2021! We’ve got Daniel Spiewak, Tammy Bryant Butow, Jessica Kerr, Alan Kay, and more. Virtual again this year, but our content is as excellent as ever. Tickets are $89, a great value.
- Now, we get into Rust. Jason brings up a great talk by Bryan Cantrill, “Is It Time to Rewrite the Operating System in Rust?“
- Useful Rust command line utilities
- This Rust WebAssembly tutorial uses React + WebAssembly to recognize the pitch of a note in audio input using AudioWorklet.
- A hacker got my texts for $16. Maybe we need regulations of SMS?
- AT&T expands fiber to the home this year.
- Flutter reaches 2.0, and Toyota announces it will use Flutter for infotainment systems.
- Verkada security camera hack hits Tesla factories, hospitals, and prisons.
- Harvard’s CS50 Intro to Computer Science is online and free
- Deepfakes can be identified by looking into the reflections of its eyes
- Upgrade your GIT client! Malicious repositories can execute remote code during clone
That’s all for this week. See you next week at noon!
This livestream took place on March 16, 2020 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel and tune in every Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with Ken Rimple and Sujan Kapadia.