Sujan Kapadia takes the reins as host this week and covers NFTs, pattern matching in JDK 16, Spring Native Beta, and some excellent drone footage. Thanks, Sujan!
- ETE 2021 is almost a month away: we’ve got Daniel Spiewak, Tammy Bryant Butow, Jessica Kerr, Alan Kay, and more. Virtual again this year, but our content is as excellent as ever. Single tickets are $89, but if you’d like to go with your team, take advantage of our buy 3, get one free deal happening now.
- Good stuff, as always, on the Chariot Blog, like Keith Gregory’s newest post on three approaches to deploying lambdas in AWS.
- JDK 16 reaches GA on March 16, introduces Pattern Matching for instanceof. Check out Brian Goetz’s original article on pattern matching, and don’t miss his AMA at ETE 2021 this year.
- Announcing Spring Native Beta
- WebAudio API-based browser fingerprinting
- Jack Dorsey sells his first Tweet as an NFT for $2.9 million
- So what is an NFT, anyway? This WSJ post describes their proliferation in video games as a “digital land grab“.
- ERC-721 – a free, open standard that describes how to build non-fungible or unique tokens on the Ethereum blockchain
- We love some sweet drone footage. This Drone captures an active volcano in Iceland and gets incredibly close shots.
- Microsoft in talks to buy Discord for $10 billion.
- And lastly, we’re hiring! Work with our incredible team. Open positions here.
This livestream took place on March 23, 2020 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel and tune in every Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with Ken Rimple and Sujan Kapadia.