Rarely seen miscalculations now cropping up frequently at cloud hyperscale, and ‘React 18: A Summary in 12 Tweets.” Host Ken Rimple covers this week’s dev news.
- Choosing AWS Availability Zones, product insights, and a design thinking crash course: new content over at the Chariot Blog
- Introducing Windows 11
- “I’m totally screwed.” Western Digital My Book Live users wake up to find their data deleted
- React 18 is here! Updates from the React Status newsletter, and “React 18: A Summary in 12 Tweets” by Twitter user @ProvablyFlarnie
- Unreliability at scale: “the extraordinary levels of reliability needed in long-term digital preservation at scale”
- Today’s computer chips are so advanced, they’re more ‘mercurial’ than precise. Rarely seen miscalculations now cropping up frequently at cloud hyperscale
- Not much has changed, eh? Scaling relational SQL databases
- Wanna try to attack GraphQL? Try this defenseless app: the Damn Vulnerable GraphQL Application
- And lastly: we’re hiring here at Chariot. Check out our open positions, and consider applying today.
Producer note: the livestream will be changed to a bi-weekly schedule of every other Tuesday over the summer. This episode took place on June 29, 2021 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel and tune in every other Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with the TechCast crew.