Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 55:57 — 51.2MB) | Embed
The first TechChat of 2023! Hosts Ken Rimple and Sujan Kapadia are back with plenty of fresh links. Join them for a special ‘get off my lawn, kid’ episode where they talk about the cloudy layers of modern programming, the dangers of context switching, scaling Mastodon, and the latest tech releases.
- Philly Emerging Tech is back for 2023! We’re back in-person, with a livestream ticket option as well. In-person seating is limited, so take advantage of our early bird pricing now. Check out the website for lineup, tickets, and more details.
- We’ve always got great content on the Chariot blog, written by our developers: it’s got over 20 years of tech reviews, tutorials, and more.
- And a reminder that you can watch full playlists of videos from all of our events, including Philly Emerging Tech 2022, on our YouTube channel. You know the drill: like and subscribe!
- Here’s one by our own Keith Gregory, Using EventBridge Pipes to route CloudWatch Logs to Kinesis
- An excellent article by Vicki Boykis examining the cloudy layers of modern-day programming
- The real cost of context switching is much higher than we realize
- Dev environments in the cloud: a half-baked solution?
- Vite 4.0 is out, as is SWR 2.0
- Blue/Green deployments on RDS
- Is scaling Mastodon impossible?
Producer note: This episode took place on January 3, 2023. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with all our new tech content.