Today we welcome two speakers from our upcoming Philly Emerging Tech conference: Yehuda Katz and Russ Danner! Yehuda Katz is the founder of creator of the Starbeam.js and EmberJS framework, among many others. He is also a Philly ETE veteran, having spoken at many of our conferences in the past. Russ Danner is the VP of Product at CrafterCMS, an enterprise-grade headless CMS. He’ll be speaking about how to build and deploy omni-channel solutions, and how to deal with the “tyranny of more.”
- Philly Emerging Tech is back for 2023! We’re back in-person, with a livestream ticket option as well. In-person seating is limited, so take advantage of our early bird pricing now. Check out the website for lineup, tickets, and more details.
- We’ve always got great content on the Chariot blog, written by our developers: it’s got over 20 years of tech reviews, tutorials, and more. In fact, here’s the latest from our Director of Training & Mentoring, Ken Rimple: Enabling RDS Migrations with Flyway in CodeBuild.
Show Notes: Yehuda Katz
- Yehuda’s upcoming talk at Philly ETE 2023 — Starbeam: Universal Reactivity and What It Means For You
- The Extensible Web Manifesto, a manifesto that advocates a change to the approach that web standards committees use to create and prioritize new features. Yehuda co-signed this along with others
- Some of Yehuda’s talks from past Philly Emerging Tech conferences:
2017 – Ember and the state of Web Frameworks
2016 – Stability Without Stagnation: Lessons Learned Shipping Ember.js
2015 – What is Rust?
Show Notes: Russ Danner
- Russ’ upcoming talk at Philly ETE 2023 — Conquering the Challenges of Building and Deploying Omni-channel Digital Experiences at Scale
- CrafterCMS, an open source headless CMS (written in Java/Spring) for enterprise-grade websites and other content-driven digital experiences, especially those that are high-performance, large-scale, and ultra-secure
Producer note: This episode took place on March 27th, 2023. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with all our new tech content.