This week Ken spoke to prior guests and frequent Chariot contributors Matt Gilbride and Keith Gregory about using the AWS CDK for configuration (as opposed to CloudFormation) and RDS database connections from Spring Boot in AWS, respectively.
- Matt Gilbride’s post on the Chariot site, Using the AWS CDK in Real Life
- Keith’s new post, RDS Database Authentication with Spring Boot: Part 1, Secrets Manager” (and Part 2 on IAM Authentication that wasn’t discussed in this video, but is still full of great info.)
- 15 Minutes With Drew Rogers on DevOps, Kubernetes, and CircleCI (hosted by Keith)
- Last Week in AWS, and Corey Quinn’s post on Google’s Deprecation policy
- Another Corey Quinn post, Cloud Repatriation isn’t a Thing
- And last, the Chariot blog covers all different sorts of tech, written by Chariot’s experienced consultants and engineers. Check it out and browse around.
See you next Tuesday at noon!
This livestream took place on August 25, 2020 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified of our next livestream – or bookmark this link and tune in every Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with Ken Rimple.