A recent SSL / TLS vulnerability causes temporary panic in the recording room when Joel knocks over the headphone mixer… But seriously folks, it’s a doosie, one we’ll be watching over the next few weeks. The mixer mishap is pretty funny though.
Also, I think I (Ken) mis-quoted the article about Don’s PhoneGap Build plugin. PhoneGap Build is the service that builds cross-platform via a cloud-based service. So I don’t think you install the build plugin. Anyway, we’ll have to have Don on to explain his plugin soon.
Our news items this week:
- The Reactive Manifesto – What, another one? This manifesto is focused on event-driven automatically scalable software.
- Bower recommends you check in your dependencies – Addy Osmani has a good overview of why you would and would not want to do this…
- AngularJS Tip – a good article on using filters – the Part 1 article on the basics is also good.
- Joel finds a good example real-time chat application using NodeJS, Socket.IO, and EmberJS.
- Don Coleman’s bluetooth serial plugin is now approved for PhoneGap Build.
- The Docker Jenkins plugin – creates Docker instances for builds that were performed so you can bring them up when needed.
- More security nightmares – the HTTPS, SSL and TLS attack that hacks key secrets of an encrypted connection in 30 seconds or less (or the meal is free?) Here is an updated entry about it with the DHS alert.