A discussion with Jon Kern and Corey Haines about Agile, Pair Programming, Software Craftsmanship, and more.
- Corey Haines – Pair Programming Tour – http://programmingtour.blogspot.com/
- Jon Kern’s web site, Technical Debt. Here is a recent post on metrics (with links to Corey’s video) to measure quality July ’09 http://technicaldebt.com/archives/2009_07.html
- Software Craftsmanship – the movement website – http://manifesto.softwarecraftsmanship.org/
- Robert C. Martin – “Uncle Bob” – http://blog.objectmentor.com/articles/category/uncle-bobs-blatherings
- Interesting comment from JB Rainsberger on the law of Speed -vs- Quality http://www.jbrains.ca/permalink/218
- On not needing defined requirements to enable good design http://www.infoq.com/news/2009/01/dont-need-def-for-good-design
- Technical Debt – what is it? http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?TechnicalDebt
- Kent Beck’s “To Test or not to Test” blog entry (do read the comments) – http://www.threeriversinstitute.org/blog/?p=187
- The Liskov Substitution Principle http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?LiskovSubstitutionPrinciple and the five principles of class design (SOLID), cohesion and coupling http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?LiskovSubstitutionPrinciple
- Jamis Buck – Recovering from the Enterprise – RubyConf ’08 presentation http://averyblog.com/ruby-rails/rubyconf-08-jamis-buck-recovering-from-the-enterprise/ – hey, you don’t need a DI framework in Ruby, man!
- Software Engineering – an oxymoron in your organization – http://technicaldebt.com/archives/2009_04.html#000867
- Cucumber http://cukes.info/ RSpec http://rspec.info/ and BDD http://behaviour-driven.org/
- Podcast with Arlo Belshee on Promiscuous Programming http://agiletoolkit.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=400364