In this first of a two-part series, Ken runs down the major news topics from the event, including the recent release of Angular 2 Release Candidate 1, the up-and-coming Angular 2 Material Design project, NativeScript, a native application platform that runs Angular 2 code, and more.
Ken also wrote an even more detailed blog about the event here.
- The overall theme of the event was that Angular is evolving into a more than just a framework – it’s on the way to becoming a platform. Brad Green addresses this in his keynote.
- Material design for Angular 2 is just getting to alpha. Check it out, play with it, and give your feedback to the team.
- Misko Hevery’s talk on the new, new router.
- Chris Thielen’s UI router.
- The Angular Augury Chrome plugin – similar to batarang, but includes useful features like graphing and manipulating components.
- The Angular style guide and John Papa’s great talk about it.
- The Angular CLI client, cli.angular.io
- John Papa’s talk on Angular 2 documentation.
- Peter Bacon Darwin’s talk on Components.
- Julie Ralph’s talk on testing using zone.js.
- The coolest talk of the day: Tero Parviainen’s generative art with Angular 2. His random windchime system is out of this world.