We made it to 2021! And started it all off with a major Slack outage! Ken Rimple and Becca (stepping in for Sujan) bring a slew of dev news to the table this week: some serious, some silly. We hope you enjoy, and join us every Tuesday at noon.
- Drumroll… Philly ETE Conference is back for 2021, and Alan Kay is our first keynote! We’ll be virtual again this year – get your Early Bird tickets before February 1, 2020 for only $70.
- Chariot is hiring! We’re looking for senior software engineers and senior iOS developers. Join our team!
- Ah, a new year begins. Slack starts 2021 with a major outage, and r/programming had some thoughts about it
- More cloud oopsies: GitHub blocks an entire company account when one employee visited Iran
- Outages in these major cloud services really make companies like Oxide start to look more attractive
- Electric cars rise to 54% market share in Norway
- Pour one out for your Neopets: Adobe Flash Player is dead as of December 31, 2020
- But -whew- the Space Jam site (Becca’s favorite internet relic) is still alive and well. This handy Twitter account, @SpaceJamCheck, does a status check on it daily too, very important
- Google terminates Android Things
- Is it Christmas?
- Our team has been busy writing good stuff on the Chariot Blog, as per usual
- Incredibly handy: Toptal’s definitive guide to Date/Time Manipulation
- Linus Torvalds rails at Intel
This livestream took place on January 5, 2020 at noon. This is a recording. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified of our next livestream – or bookmark this link and tune in every Tuesday at noon EST to hang out with Ken Rimple and Sujan Kapadia.