Your bi-(hopefully)weekly dish of developer news, served up fresh and hot. Well, ok, one day later than originally recorded.
An un-expergated version of the links is available at http://delicious.com/developernews/16
- My Common Git Workflow – http://yehudakatz.com/2010/05/13/common-git-workflows/
- PyPy – what a name – Python written in Python. How very meta of you! http://alexgaynor.net/2010/may/15/pypy-future-python/
- Django 1.2.1 released – now with multi-database love. http://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2010/may/24/121/
- Dive into HTML 5. FANTASTIC web site that goes through the history of HTML, and what HTML 5 is all about. Also a forthcoming book. http://diveintohtml5.org/
- 7 lessons learned while building reddit – http://highscalability.com/blog/2010/5/17/7-lessons-learned-while-building-reddit-to-270-million-page.html
- Flex and Java Differences: Getters and Setters. Flex has properties, Java doesn’t. Read up. http://www.jamesward.com/2010/05/07/flex-and-java-differences-getters-setters/
- Java exceptions and Flex – Cornel Creanga on DZone – actually talking about BlazeDS and Java exceptions – http://css.dzone.com/news/java-exceptions-and-flex
- Upcoming sessions on Rails Conf from RailsEnvy – http://blog.envylabs.com/2010/05/rails-3-tutorials/
- Maven 3. 3? Wait a minute! Yes, 3. What’s new in Maven 3.0 from Matthew McCullough – summarized by Matt Raible. http://java.dzone.com/articles/whats-new-maven-30-matthew
Chariot Training Events (shameless but relevant plug) related to the show
- June 15 – Sonatype Maven 101 – Introduction @ Chariot in Philly
- June 16 – Sonatype Intermediate Maven 201 – Learn about CI tools, repositories, site reporting, plugins, multi-module projects more.
- June 22-24 – From Zero to Rails 3 with Engine Yard – A complete Rails 3 for beginners course, taught on our fab 22″ iMac machines, pair programming AND pair teaching! Save over $800 now on introductory course pricing. Hurry, space is limited.
- Official SpringSource Core Spring 3.0 training August 10-13 – A chock-full course from SpringSource on Spring, including overviews on Spring Security, remoting, ORM, AOP, and more.
Partners discussed in this podcast:
- Engine Yard