This webinar was presented on December 9, 2020, by our Director of Training and Mentoring, Ken Rimple.
In it, Ken explains how to take a new application from concept to production in AWS in eight weeks. You’ll learn how you can organize the overall development effort, get a head start on application development using Docker, build up the cloud architecture using CloudFormation, leverage AWS managed services to reduce application complexity, configure security using Cognito and JWT, and use AWS CodeBuild to run tests against the application.
Along the way, Ken recommends some solutions for common challenges you’ll face.
- Ken’s slide deck
- Our TechChat Tuesday livestream about the recent AWS announcements, including AWS Lambda containers and ECS Anywhere
- A great talk by our own AWS Practice Lead, Keith Gregory, and two other AWS experts on things that went sideways and how they learned from them
- Keith’s talks on Building Developer Sandboxes on AWS
- Dealing with multiple AWS accounts
- Another great blog post on CloudFormation tips and tricks
- We discussed AWS Secrets Manager a bit – here it is compared to Parameter Store
- And here it is being used to authenticate to RDS with Spring Boot
- Using IAM Authentication for the same
- Ken’s blog post on Running Cypress on CodeBuild
We’ve been working with container-based apps for quite a while, so feel free to reach out via our contact form if you’d like to speak to someone about our AWS services.